Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sick Day

Today was supposed to be my first day back at work after a 13 day vacation and yet, I'm not there.  Why?  My husband and I are sick.  My husband brought home a bug on Wednesday and kindly shared it with me.  Ever since then we've both been out of commission and I haven't slept since Thursday.  What sort of a terrible cold does that to a person?  It wasn't because I was feeling sick that I couldn't sleep, I can usually sleep through that, rather it was because anytime I stopped moving around and laid down I felt like I was drowning.  So, I haven't slept and I've been very frustrated because I didn't want to go to Urgent Care because I'm pregnant and who knows what they would try to give me in the way of medication.  When I finally got through to my PCP and they gave me an appointment for this afternoon I broke down and cried.  I really hope that they can give me some relief.  Especially for my allergies which are driving me up the wall!  My guess right now is that I have severe allergies, congestion from being pregnant, a sinus infection, and bacterial conjunctivitis.  :)  Sounds like fun huh?  So in about 3 hours I find out what they can do for me.  Hopefully they will help me sleep. 

No comments: