Sunday, November 21, 2010

One Week

I can't believe it's been one week since I had my little baby boy.  He is so adorable even when asking for 3rd and 4th breakfast and I've only had 2 hours of sleep.  I wish there was a way to be able to go to any time in my baby's life and hold and cuddle him.  I know that 8 years from now I'll wish I could hold him like when he was only hours old.  Babies smell so sweet and need so little to improve upon.  I noticed that he spit up breastmilk and got some in his whispy hair.  At the time I couldn't get up to clean him off and later forgot to follow up.  Today, I remembered he did this and looked but his skin had absorbed it all and his hair was as fine and whispy as ever.  Some would think it gross that I didn't do anything but if you know about the properties of breastmilk you'd know that it is antibacterial, like a lotion, and very good for your skin.  You can even leave a bottle of breastmilk on the counter and it won't go bad like formula will.  Any bacteria that comes near breastmilk is killed on the spot.  That is one of the reasons why breastfed babies are so healthy and rarely get sick.  Also, breastmilk doesn't stain like formula will.  You can get some on your shirt and it will rinse right out in the wash.  You can't say that about formula.

So, I'm in love again, but this little man will forever have a part of me and who I am till the day he dies.  He is a treasure that I don't know if I could live without.  Any vague thought of losing him has me in tears.


Happy 1 Week Birthday.

1 comment:

Cammie Diane said...

This is such a beautiful post!

I have another breastmilk use that popped into my head when I was reading this. When Maggie was a newborn she had an eye infection and I squirted a tiny bit in her eye each time i fed her and the infection went away pretty quickly! It's amazing stuff!