Monday, August 16, 2010

Socks



I'm testing out a new pattern I found and I think it's looking really good.  I like the way the stitches go diagonally towards the middle.  This is the second time I've tried to knit this pattern.  I twisted a stitch trying to go back then ended up dropping the stitch.  I tried ripping the sock back to where the drop stitch was but then I ended up dropping 6 more stitches.  I gave up and re-knit the pattern.  You can actually see in this snapshot that I messed up on the cuff.  The very first row of stitches I knit two stitches in a row and threw off the ribbing pattern.  I chose not to start over again because I was tired of restarting.  This is one problem I have with knitting socks.  I'm a perfectionist and if I do something wrong I try to fix it.  In trying to fix it I make it worse and have to start all over again.  If I keep doing that I'll never get a sock made.  So, I let the mistake be.  It won't hurt and the cuff is still plenty elastic. 

If you're scared of double pointed needles (especially 5 in one project), don't be.  You only end up using two at a time and ignore the rest.  I find it easier than working on circulars which stretch my work out too much and create ladders where I don't want them.  I also like working with bamboo needles because aluminum tends to slip out of the stitches if I'm a little loose.  Happy Knitting!

No comments: