Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Week Off...

What to do?  I have chosen to take a whole week off from work.  I must admit I'm loving not having to rush off to work and I'm trying to see what things will be like when I get to stay home full time.  Scheduling my day is interesting since I've been taking naps.  I haven't been a nap person since I was in Kindergarten, that is until now.  I didn't realize that being pregnant would make me so tired. 

In my first trimester I was blessed with not having morning sickness.  Rather, I was completely exhausted all the time.  Eventually I had to cave in and leave work early to get a nap because I just couldn't keep my eyes open any longer and I really wanted my bed and a dark room.  Then the 2nd trimester came around and I got my energy back.  I've been very cautious so I don't lose my balance or drop things or carry things that were too heavy for me.  Maybe I'm overly cautious, I don't know.  I just want my pregnancy to be a good one.  So, I've been taking it pretty easy.  Now that I'm getting nearer to my 3rd trimester I've noticed a definite difference.  I'm tired again but this time because our little boy is waking me up at night with his bouncing around.  It's hard to sleep when your insides are getting yanked on.  I'm also a lot more sore, so that doesn't contribute to sleep either.  And lastly, I'm getting hot flashes.  I didn't realize you could have hot flashes in pregnancy until I got them.  I'd be fine one minute with the fans going and the air on, the next I would have a sweat mustache and my feet would be sweaty with flip flops on.  Yucky.  I'd check the thermostat and realize it was just me.  

So, I get to take naps this week.  I'm also working on finishing handmade birthday gifts.  Last week I managed to get up the last of the mini blinds.  Now I need to put up curtains and fix a curtain panel in the master.  I also have plans for redoing the couch cushions in the living room but I don't know if I have the energy.  Friday is my OBGYN appointment and I'm sure I'll get scheduled for the glucose test.  Since I've got diabetes in our family and I love sweet things it's not entirely out of the question that I could be pre-diabetic.  I hope not.  That would be awful. 

The nursery is slowly developing but that is more on my husband getting up the trim in the master.  As soon as that is done the nursery will be getting furniture in it.  I'm pretty excited.  We haven't spent any money yet on what we have since it is all donations and gifts.  Hopefully, we'll continue to save thanks to family and friends.

So, while my week is not planned, I have a lot to do if I want to do it. 

No comments: