Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Fighting Sleep

I didn't realize that when I got to my last few weeks of my pregnancy I would be fighting sleep.  I feel like I'm a little kid again and not wanting to take a nap because things are so interesting.  I definitely need sleep though.  I don't sleep well at night anymore.  My favorite sleep position has always been my stomach but when you're pregnant it's too painful to be in that position.  Any pressure at all and you're rolling over to get air.  I have a hard enough time letting my husband rest his hand on my stomach at night and that is not very heavy. 

Why do we fight sleep?  Why don't I just go to bed and curl up and go to sleep for a little while?  Especially now that my body is so tired.  My mom told me that we would have mandatory nap times so she could get some sleep.  I see now that I'm going to need to do the same thing.  Good thinking Mom.

No comments: