Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pregnancy is Funny

I'm into my 9th month of pregnancy and every day gets more humorous. 

When I first get up from sitting for a while, I waddle until my body finally realigns itself after about 5 or so steps. 

When I put my socks and shoes on I try to see how long I can get my arms to go without my belly getting in the way.  I thought flexibility would make things easier but when you can't bend your torso at all, you're just not flexible anymore.  Try putting socks on with a torso cast that keeps your back straight.

Nighttime runs to the bathroom are me hopping around trying not to pee while trying to not freeze (fall has finally arrived and it was 39 degrees outside last night).

And while I say ouch when my baby moves, it doesn't really hurt, it's just a lot of movement and there really is no word for the uncomfortableness it creates.

Or what about the concern that the baby will be born sooner rather than later.  Most women I know are ready to have the baby early, but I have work on the house to do.  I still need to wash all the baby clothes and sort them.  I still need to make up the bassinet and crib.  I still need to buy baby supplies, like a sling and first aid kit.  I still need to finish my Christmas gifts that I'm making because I certainly won't have the time to work on them after the baby is born. 

Hopefully, all will be ready and done by the time he arrives.

No comments: