Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Okay, Ouch...

For the past two weeks my arms and hands and fingers have been going numb.  I'm off work, so it's not the typing that I was doing as a data entry clerk.  I was knitting for hours every day while listening to great podcasts on pregnancy.  I stopped knitting over a week ago and started wearing wrist braces to sleep in because I like to sleep on my hands.  But my fingers are still numb.  Then as I was driving to the store I gave a thought to the bra I was wearing because it was really uncomfortable.  I've always had a large chest.  I got breasts in the 4th grade and was bound and determined to beat up any boy who made fun of me, including my brothers.  Before getting pregnant I was wearing a 38DD.  I wore my favorite bra brand, Lilyette.  I loved that it kept my breasts separate and they didn't fall out the bottom of my bra.  All the bras I wore were underwire. 

I've heard that when it came time for breastfeeding that I would want to switch to a non-underwire bra so my milk ducts wouldn't be blocked by the pressure of the wire.  I loved my underwire.  I went to a lactation bra fitter and she said that I was going to be most comfortable in a wire and that I could wear a wire and breastfeed without hurting my supply.  The bad part was that each of her bras were at least $60 for an underwire nursing bra.  I went out and bought new regular type bras in my favorite brand figuring that my breast size would change by the time I delivered. 

So, my fingers are still numb and I'm thinking that the underwire bras are pressing on my armpit nerves in such a way that that is what is causing the numbness.  I decided to get some regular non-underwire bras and see if that helps.  So far, it is more comfortable, despite the saggy boob effect I dislike.  Hopefully in a few days my fingers will return to normal.  I'm really hoping this solves my problem because the finger numbness is so painful and really annoying.

No comments: