Friday, July 9, 2010

Guess what we're having?

We're having a Boy!  I thought it would be a girl but my husband has been dreaming of boys and said so when we were in the ultrasound.  The sonographer was very sweet and she showed us everything she could, explaining as she went.  The little guy was yawning, waving his hands, and bouncing around in my womb.  It took a while for her to get him in a position to tell what it was that we would be having.  Finally, she glimpsed the evidence and pointed it out to us.  When my husband asked if she was sure (he still only saw blobs on the screen) she said while pointing to the image, "That's a leg.  That's a leg.  That's not a leg."  Then because my husband was still having a hard time she put an arrow on the image that would be printed out for us.  So, we're having a boy!

We're very excited and now I have to fill up the baby registry.  I'm trying my best to figure out what we want to do clothing wise.  Boys are pretty easy to dress but I'd love to make some hand sewn pieces.  I think the baptismal gown will be made by me and yes he will be wearing a baby dress.  It's so funny when I think of books like "Anne's House of Dreams" and Anne lamenting the fact that she had to shorten the dress for her baby boy, presumably so he could crawl.  Then putting him in rompers.  We don't do things the same way anymore and it seems sad.  All that sewing knowledge lost.  I can make him some layettes.  And I can make him blankets and bibs.  Maybe even a bonnet. 

I'm off to figure out what it is that we would like.  Thank goodness for family who are generous and have promised us several pieces. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a blessing!!! boys are great, they have a specail place in a mothers heart. may God bless you, hubby and baby!