Friday, July 9, 2010

My Grandmother is so Funny!

My husband and I were dropping my mom off so my dad could take her home after the OBGYN appointment.  My dad had decided while we were busy at the doctors to take my 10 year old niece and 8 year old nephew to visit my Nana (my grandmother on my dad's side) and play a few rounds of Parcheesi.  We decided to also visit for a little while as we waited to go to the ultrasound.  My mom was asking Nana how long it took to have each of her babies, she had 4 children. 

Nana said that my Aunt Carol took the longest and that my dad (who was next in line of siblings) was a lot faster.  Nana never got sick during any of her pregnancies and she said she loved being pregnant.  She had also told my mom many years ago that her babies just popped out like squeezing a tube of toothpaste.  We were of course skeptical because you never hear of easy child labor from the medical community.  But we were quite stunned to hear that my dad took 25 minutes of labor and my Aunt Carol took 35 minutes.  Can you imagine 35 minutes as a long labor?  We almost died laughing.  I hope I am as lucky as my grandmother. 

I've been feeling the little guy kick in there.  I wasn't so sure the past few days since it always felt like my heartbeat.  Yet, after watching the Ultrasound and feeling the kicks the same time he would move I am now positive all that banging around in there is him.  He thinks he wants space now but wait a few more weeks and he'll be quite crammed. 

I love being pregnant.  I could only wish people were so fortunate as I am in this pregnancy. 

1 comment:

jewels said...

Nana is funny! Glad you are doing well. It is really special to feel our babies kick. Glad our babies will be so close in age.