Monday, September 20, 2010

I wonder...

How many calories do you burn when you walk during pregnancy.  I would assume the further along in your pregnancy the more calories you would burn when you exercise.  It's tough being pregnant, carrying around so much more weight, not being able to breathe easily because you have a little one cramping your lung capacity, and you're doing your best to keep your ligaments from stretching too much with every step.  I know women tend to eat more when pregnant but I feel like for the most part I eat about the same amount as I did before but healthier.  I also cannot eat as much in one sitting.

Why I wonder this is because my husband and I have devised a plan that whenever I eat something I shouldn't while pregnant (cake, candy, etc.) I need to walk the equivalent in calories to burn it off.  How do I assess how many calories I would burn when the only charts they have are on people who are not pregnant?  Being 31 weeks pregnant it's getting more difficult to move around and I assume that when I get right up on my due date it will be very hard.  It's like wearing harder and harder resistant bands every time you work out. 

It would be nice if they had a website that would help but I haven't found one yet. 

No comments: